eAudio and eBooks from OverDrive
Downloadable magazines from Zinio
- ECRL provides adult, teen,
and juvenile digital books for checkout in 2 formats
through our partner OverDrive.
- Who can check them out? You must be a resident
of one of ECRL's six counties only: Aitkin, Chisago,
Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, or Pine County.
- What is required? A valid ECRL card in good
standing, the password associated
with that library card, and a registered email address.
- You must have your own reading or listening device.
eReaders and listening devices will not be
available for checkout -- you must have your own
device and know how to use it. eBooks and eAudiobooks
cannot be downloaded on the library's public Internet
- Most eBooks and eAudiobooks are downloaded to your
computer or mobile device. Before downloading
eBooks or eAudiobooks, make sure you have the
appropriate application downloaded for your
device. Some titles may also be read in your internet
browser via OverDrive Read.
- You may have 6 titles checked out at one time
(includes total of both eAudio and eBooks)
- You may check out your eBooks and eAudiobooks for 7,
14, or 21 days. The 21 day checkout is the
default lending period, but you will have the option
to choose a 7 or 14 day checkout if you wish.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks can be renewed once if there
are no other requests on that title.
- You may not check out any eBook or eAudiobook if you
have more than $5.00 in unpaid fees and fines on your
- Can I reserve eBooks and eAudiobooks?
- You may have 6 titles on hold at one time (includes
total of both eAudio and eBooks).
- You will receive an email when your hold is ready
- You will have 3 days to borrow the hold. If
you do not check out your eBook or eAudiobook hold
within those 3 days, it will no longer be available to
you and you will have to re-place the hold.
- Can I interlibrary loan a digital book from another
library? No. Licenses prohibit interlibrary loans
of digital books. They are not available through MnLINK.
- What if I have a question? We will post links
to online FAQs and tutorials to solve most
problems. If you can’t find an answer there, you
may contact any ECRL branch or send email to email@example.com*
- ECRL staff will not be able to help you with
problems specific to your own device. There are
hundreds of different devices. We suggest that you
enlist the help of friends or family to find a
technology support person if you need help learning to
use your device or troubleshooting should you encounter
started with OverDrive
help with eBooks
help with eAudio
help with the OverDrive App (Android, Apple,
Chromebook, Kindle Fire, Mac, Windows desktop, Windows
8, and Windows phone)
to install the Kindle reading app
from the ECRL Blog about the Digital Library - lots of
useful information collected here
to suggest a title you'd like ECRL to add to its
*Not all books are available for libraries to check out as
eBooks or eAudios. Due to licensing restrictions,
books published by some publishers cannot be added to public
library eBook collections.
Check out books and magazines from wherever you are. All you
need is your ECRL library card!
- ECRL provides downloadable magazines through Zinio
- ECRL has purchased subscriptions to popular magazines
for you to download to your mobile internet device or
stream on your computer.
- Checked out issues are yours to keep, there are no
returns necessary. There is no limit to the number of
magazines you can check out, or the number of patrons
who can check out an issue simultaneously
- Digital editions are released at the same time as the
print edition, and can be checked out as soon as they
appear. You can set up personal notifications when
new issues of magazines are released, so you don’t
miss an issue.
- You will need 2 things to set up access your first
time - your library card and an email address. You will
need to set up a Library Collection account.
- Download apps for reading on mobile devices.
to: Create an Account, Browse and Checkout, Read
Online or Download to Apps, and Manage ‘My Collection’
Libraries Read Only App for Android and iPad (video)
App for Kindle Fire (HD)